Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

My Westport trip

Hello fellow readers and welcome to my blog about my trip to Westport.I had to leave at 7am on Saturday morning and spent the night at the Caravan park in Westport. We passed through Reefton which was an old township then we went on a old swingbridge that crossed the river. While in Westport I did the following Cape Foulwind,Fur seals,coaltown museum,swimming and Denniston mine which was a working mine in the 19th and 20th century.

There was some old mining buckets and rail tracks with lots of coal still on the ground. There was a steep incline with rail tracks on it that took the coal buckets down to the river bank and into Westport.

The Fur seals are at Tauranga Bay near Cape Foulwind. These Fur seals are a year round colony when we went they where malting and growing pups one of the Fur seals was in the ocean playing and one was playing on its back in a lagoon and some of the Fur seals were sleeping on the rocks.

At Cape Foulwind there was a lighthouse that used to guide ships in and tell them were the rocks were.

Then we drove the ocean view road to Greymouth where we went rock collecting on the beach and we went swimming at the indoor pool centre then we had lunch and then we went home to Christchurch. We got home about 8pm that night.

As we were driving to Westport and Greymouth we spotted 55 waterfalls along the way and on our  way back across Arthurs pass there was snow landing on top of the mountains and small hail balls were landing on our car.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Felicity!

    Wow, what an adventure that you've had! I love that you chose to share your holiday highlights on your blog. I have never been to Westport, but I think you have convinced me to go! I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this blog post and you provided a lot of detail in your writing.

    I am really proud of you for taking this opportunity to share! My favourite part was when you talked about seeing seals! I saw seals this holiday too, but the seals I saw were up in Wellington area and we had to take a van and drive along the beach to see them.

    I look forward to hearing more about your trip in class tomorrow!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete